While having a baby is an exciting and wonderful experience, it can also be uncomfortable. After a woman has given birth, her body will need to recover. This process includes getting back to her pre-birth weight.
How Breastfeeding Impacts Weight Loss
Before women start dieting they should understand that they still need to consume a healthy diet. If they are breastfeeding the food that they eat is still going to their child.
This means women cannot take extreme measures when it comes to dieting. It is worth noting that women burn around 500 extra calories every day they are breastfeeding.
How to Lose Weight After Having a Baby
Losing weight after having a baby is no different to losing weight in normal circumstances. Mothers still have to burn more calories than they consume. They can do this in the following ways.
– Finding out how many calories they need to consume every day and sticking to that limit.
– Counting calories. Women will not be able to track how much they eat unless they use a calorie tracker.
– Eating a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. This ensures that mother and baby get the nutrients they need without piling on the pounds.
– Drinking lots of water throughout the day. When the body is dehydrated it holds on to water weight.
– Exercising regularly. Now, as women have their babies to take care of going to the gym may not be practical. However, nothing is stopping new mothers from taking their baby out for a stroll.
Finally, women may want to consider starting a celebrity weight loss challenge with other new mothers. Sometimes having support is the difference between women staying motivated or giving up on their weight loss goals.